Monday, April 26, 2010

The Half Way Point

Friday I hit the half way point in my fundraising goal and I couldn't have been more excited. I was in youth sports for over 14 years and have raised lots and lots of money over the years and oddly enough I have never been as excited over those dollars as I was Friday. Not that those dollars weren't going for a good cause because I believe in our youth but after reading and meeting the ladies and men involved in the Susan G. Komen 3day for a Cure these dollars that I am raising just seem to take on a different look.

Kinda like when I took a bunch of ribbon and trinkets and turned them into a homecoming mum as tall as my daughter. They took on a new life just as each of these funraising dollars do.
So I wanted to thank each of you that have helped in so many way, by your kind words, by your dollars, or even by donating the stuff that has been taking up so much space in your house. I know our next fundraiser (the garage sale) is going to be a great success.

Since my fundraising is going so great I guess I am off to my next big thing which is to "train" myself to drink water. Have you ever really asked your self if the world is made up of so much water and water is such a big part of our make up.....then why is it so hard to drink???????

I mean really I can slam a coke like nobody's business, I can shoot tequlia with the best of 'em, I am a southern girl and sweet tea is always in the fridge, I can't start my day without coffee but WATER.....it just isn't in my daily routine. Even as I type this I am looking at a liter of water on my desk and thinking do I really have to drink all that?????

I guess I am off to drink water...lol


Standing Firm
Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment