Thursday, July 8, 2010

T minus 18 weeks

SSSSHHHOOO.....

The last two weeks have been a whirl wind of days. I finally got thru the surprise party for my Grandmother. I was really starting to think the big day would never get here. 200 people, 600 chicken kabobs, 50 lbs of roasted potatoes, ice sculpture, decorations, more food, a rain storm that had the streets steaming from the sudden drop in temps. However the look on her face and the tears of joy and love were a huge payoff for me. It made all the anxiety so worth it and reminded me that if this lady can have a successful business for 50 years with the odds against her I can walk 60 miles in 3 days with so many people on my side!!!!!

                                                          Dannyelle, Grandma, Cierra


I had a job interview and landed the new job, which is only 2 miles from my house so I will now be walking to work and still get home in less time than it took me to get home from my previous job. Then to top it all off I had to go back in for surgery last Thursday the day before the party. My silly ankle just would NOT heal. They found two stitches that did not dissolve which allowed Stap to set in. 

                                               Notice the pink flip-flops and ace bandage

In one of the few down moments I have had I set down with the 16 week training schedule for the 3-day and with reluctance finally decided I am going to start following that plan. Although I have been working in training as much as I could with the ankle I just don't think I have been able to stick close enough to consider the 24 week plan a success. Dr Medlock agreed that would be best he still believes I will be able to successfully complete the DFW walk in November.  So although I "officially" have this week and next without training I have kept doing a little on the treadmill again and hopefully next week will be allowed to get back outside. 

I also need to get back to fun-raising the team still has a bit to go to reach goal. My soldier nephews want me to try another car wash and say they will come out in uniform holding signs that say: "Soldiers support the Boobs" which totally cracks me up!!

 Standing Firm,
Tanya 


Ps. If you haven't donated to a 3day walker yet get busy the first event is less than a month away which means every event is getting closer.  It's easy click the pretty pink button on their blog, facebook, twitter or goto www.the3day.org and look them up by name.

No comments:

Post a Comment