Monday, July 19, 2010

T MINUS 16 WEEKS OR 108 DAYS

First let me say a huge "thank you to everyone" for all the positive words and pick me ups along this journey especially when the ankle was not playing nice BUT and that is a BIG BUT the last surgery seems to have worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was able to walk this weekend outside and in a shoe with out to much pain or swelling when I got done. As I have said I will be changing my "official" training schedule to the 16 week since I just don't feel like I was able to stick close enough to the 24 week training to feel successful. 

With my new job (which is going great) so close to the house I plan on walking to and from work or at least to for now. The Texas heat is at 100*F + at 5:00pm with a heat index of about 110*F so I will just have to play the walk home by hear. I am so excited to get back to training I just giggle when I think about it because way back in February when I signed up I never thought I would really enjoy training!!

I have even put my training schedule on the fridge and have my daughter working as my accountability partner I am not sure I should give my daughter the "go ahead to raz me" but I did wish me luck with that......lol

Monday = rest
Tuesday = 3 miles
Wednesday = 0 cross training
Thursday = 4 miles
Friday = 15 minutes cross training
Saturday = 5 miles
Sunday = 3 miles

Guess I just put it out there for all of you to be my accountability partner. Happy walking be safe out there!


Standing Firm, 

Tanya 

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear your ankle is improving!! Yippeeee! I was just thinking about you on my walk this morning (honestly, I was!), and was going to ask how you were doing. So happy to hear the good news =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you that makes me smile and fell so loved. I am amazed at the friends that have been made already thru the 3day and I haven't even put a foot on the event trail. I am happy to report that I got my 3 miles in with no problem today!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete